Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Moving Out

Before taking off on my big adventure, I had to lease my home and move out. I put my home on the market to lease, the end of January. With the poor market, I think I saw about 20 For Rent signs within a mile of mine. I had someone coming to look at it the 23rd of February while I was out in Phoenix with friends. While in Phoenix, I looked at my clock and told the group that my house was being shown right now and asked that they join me in prayer that it leased. As we each raised our hands one by one and agreed on this petition to God, you could feel the energy in the circle. 10 minutes later, my phone rang saying they wanted the house. I arrived home on Tuesday night the 26th with an agreement to vacate by Sunday March 2nd. I had my work cut out for me and in the middle of it, I had an asthma attack and started having flu symptoms. All day on Friday, I could not move and stayed in bed. I had to get up and push through it. Friends came over and helped me on the weekend and we got it finished. The contract was signed, the house was clean, the new folks in and I drove off with a packed car across town to my godchildren's home. Once there, I collapsed. The next day, Le took me to the doctor where I was given a big shot of steroid in my tushie as well as a breathing treatment and 10 days of prednisone. It took me a week to recover and I then passed it on to most of Le's family. What an ugly flu bug that was.


I knew that this is what I had been preparing for, yet, it hit me hard that I had chosen to give up so much to take this trip. Without the attachments of my home and my things, I felt a bit unsettled. I love my home, it was my dream home when I purchased it and so intentionally choosing to let go of it and spend the year creating ME without material things was a big adjustment.


The month flew by. The plan was to stay through Easter and I added a few more days to see Bethany preform as a gangster in her school play, Bugsy Malone. The performance was great.


No comments: