Tuesday, April 15, 2008

March 28, first stop, Murphy, NC


My first stop was Murphy, NC and my friends live on top of a hill. They suggested that I call from the bottom but I arrogantly thought I could make it to the top. HAHAHAHAHA big mistake... My front wheel drive Camry went up in Low gear about a quarter of the way. (total drive is 1350 feet and approximately a 10-12% grade. So... I stopped going forward, wheels spinning and slipping backwards. So, I put it in reverse and start to back down.... but when drive curved, I didn't quite curve so much and was sitting on just passed the edge of road... .not really in the ditch, but not on the drive either. I walked up the drive and counted it as good training for the 60 mile walk in San Francisco (hills). We waited until morning to do something about it as it was after dark before John got home. It poured down rain in the night and my car continued to sink. After a few attempts with a tow chain, it came out not so worse for wear... unlike the road which now had 4 holes in it.. which also were easily fixed. So that was my first nights excitement. Of yeah... not to mention the 4 month old boxer puppy who is huge and thought it was great fun to surprise me by jumping in the shower with me. Damn Dog, he'd snuck outside and around the house to come in the through the master bedroom's french doors to join me. I tried to squirt him to make him leave and he lapped it up and asked for more. I had to get out of the shower and take him by the collar to remove him. Too funny.

I loved spending time with John and Gracie and Brittney and the new baby Nathan. I remembered with affection standing in a seminar with John and Gracie when John declared he was going to build house in the mountains. We all went... NO.. you won't do that. What a treat seeing the beautiful custom home that he built and walking all the way around that wrap around porch to see the grand and colorful natural view.

No comments: